Monday, January 14, 2013

I spy with my little eyes... Architecture

This passed Friday I was in Bryant Park hoping to get one last look at the pop-up holiday shops around the ice skating rink. Unfortunately I was too late and most of them had been dismantled. As I stood there watching the ice skaters enjoying the warm winter day, I looked up and noticed all the towering buildings through the barren trees. In this one city block, you could see some of America's best architectural structures; Bryant Park is a hodge-podge of architecture, style, activity and people.


1. American Radiator Building, Architect: Raymond Hood- Gothic & Art Deco
2. Empire State Building, Architect: William F. Lamb- Art Deco
3. New York Public Library, Architect: Carrere and Hastings- Beaux-Art
4. Bank of America Tower, Architect: COOK+FOX Architects- Sustainable Design
5. Grace Building, Architect: Gordon Bunshaft, SOM- International Style
6. Chrysler Building, Architects: William Van Alen and Walter Chrysler- Art Deco
7. Trash Receptacle, Designer: Ignacio Ciocchini- Tulip-shaped

No comments:

Post a Comment